Monday, November 10, 2014

I was a conservative coward: How the midterms evoked my past of shame, terror and Fox News

I was a conservative coward: How the midterms evoked my past of shame, terror and Fox News

"I said earlier that there are two casualties in the Fox News-based assault on reason, yet I failed to mention a third: democracy. We’ve just witnessed the result of an election fueled by negativity and disinformation, and people are afraid. They fear ISIS, Ebola and the boogeymen that inhabit the prehistoric recesses of the reptilian brain. These fears are overblown, to say the least, but we are being intentionally manipulated by conservative voices that thrive on fear to win elections or ratings. To their enduring shame, they have no concern for the damage they do to institutions and people when playing to the worst instincts of humanity."

No comments:

Post a Comment