Friday, February 28, 2014

The right’s Ayn Rand hypocrisy: Why their “religious” posture is a total sham

The right’s Ayn Rand hypocrisy: Why their “religious” posture is a total sham

"Speaking of Rand in 2005, Paul Ryan noted “I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are … It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff.” Ryan went on to claim that Rand was the very reason he went into politics in the first place, and that it’s important for the future of America to return to Rand’s vision. Though he’s since repudiated – to some confusing degree – his former commitment to Rand, Ryan’s policies have undergone no significant changes between the before and after."

No comments:

Post a Comment